Wednesday, July 24, 2013

W.I.P.

I got in some gorgeous yarns this week, and started a new scarf for my husband.  This is my first Wollmeise yarn (for you yarnaholics).  I purchased it to make a cowl for my daughter, but she doesn't like the color, so it morphed into something for my husband who does.



I also got this yarn from a local yarn shop, and will be knitting a simple sleeveless sweater with it.  You can see the pattern pictured in the background.  This will be my first attempt at knitting something this big.  It is supposed to be a simple pattern, perfect for beginners, so hopefully all will go well.

Oh, and just in case you remember last week's knitting start with acrylic purple yarn, forget it!  I confirmed that I REALLY dislike working with acrylic, and won't be finishing that project.  Good thing the yarn was inexpensive.

No quilting this week.  Lots of time in the pool (since we've been having temps in the high 90's), and a little gardening.

So what have you been up to?

I've linked up with Handmade MondaySew Much Ado, and Adorned from Above.

9 comments:

  1. Love the color of the yarn for the sweater and the design is great too. Can't wait to see this one done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wool and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the colour of the scarf, it'll make a fabulous looking scarf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous wool and looking forward to seeing the finished scarf and top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your 'big' project. I'm not very good at those :) I really like the colour you've chosen for your sweater.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you can do the top. Think positive! Acrylic is HORRID and should be band!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wool looks gorgeous. We've had some hot weather here too recently and a pool sounds very tempting - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sweater you've picked looks great and the colour you've chosen is gorgeous. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The yarns are beautiful. And, I love your yarn bowl! I'm sure this project will turn out lovely.

    ReplyDelete