Thursday, January 28, 2010

Getting Things Done

I find that the more specific my daily list, the more I accomplish.

For example, this:

  • sew bags
  • vacuum
  • work on paper order
  • haircut
  • exercise
is not as effective as this:

  • serge edges of bags, wash and dry
  • vacuum bedrooms
  • cut out all paper for order
  • haircut at 3 p.m.
  • walk 20 minutes, yoga 20 minutes
I always have good intentions and high hopes when I make my list.  But, if it is not specific, I tend to be unrealistic in my goals, and then get overwhelmed and discouraged.  Before I know it, the day is done, and I am disappointed in myself for not accomplishing enough.

With a specific list, my work is broken into small, doable elements which I can fit in around the anchors of my day such as meals, work, prayer, Bible time, daily household maintenance chores, etc.




Hope you all have a productive, and fun day!


2 comments:

  1. Great tip - this is what I should start doing. I get overwhelmed by my lists. I'm too slow at everything I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a lot slower than I used to be, and I don't like it!

    ReplyDelete