Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thursdays will now be Thankful Thursdays. Not that we don't have something to be thankful every day, but I read recently that writing a thankful journal once a week can be very effective in one's overall perspective and success in life.

I'll start with a funny kid story. I love the way kid's think. This one comes from Cindy Scott from KidSpirit.com:

When my youngest daughter, Alicyn was about 3 1/2 years old, she had a terrible fear of spiders. California is full of spiders. You knock them down today, they are back tomorrow. Everytime she went to the "potty" she would scream for me to come in with her if she saw a spider, even in the furthest corner of the room. I would assure her that the spider was more afraid of her than she was of it. I would tell her to pretend the spider wasn't there and that it wasn't even thinking about her. One evening, Alicyn was in the bathroom. She yelled for me to come and she yelled loudly. I asked her what she wanted. She yelled back, "Mom, there's a spider in here and he is thinking about me".

[especially for my daughter who dislikes spiders intensely. I can picture this happening when she was little]

So back to Thankful Thursday. A few things I am thankful for today, in no particular order:

The gorgeous colors of the trees and grasses during this season. Their last hurrah before dying for the winter, and then reblooming in the spring. It makes me think of the pattern our lives can have - a beautiful maturing as we age, getting better, not just older. Eventually falling asleep, and then rebirth when Christ comes back.

That my husband and myself both got out of work early today.

My family. Especially that I might get to see one of my granddaughters later today.

Health

Taking a walk outside, the weather is still warmish, almost 70 today.

*********************

If you have any cute children's stories, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment