Monday, February 25, 2013

W.I.P.

My daughter and I made progress on our "I Spy" quilt yesterday.
We discovered that our newly renovated family room floor is the perfect place to lay out blocks.
This is a project my daughter and I have been working on together for her five year old daughter (my granddaughter).  We started it quite a while ago, when they still lived two hours from us.

Now that they live only minutes away, it is easier to get together and sew.  But it seems many other family activities have taken precedence, so it has been awhile since we worked on this quilt. Yesterday we finally finished piecing all 108 blocks, got them laid out, labeled, and ready to stitch together.  Hooray!

Once we had them in the order we wanted, we labeled each block with a small sticky note identifying it alphabetically by column and numerically by row. So, for example, the block in the top left corner is A-1.  The block to the right of A-1 is B-1.  The block beneath A -1 is A -2, and so on.  It may be a few weeks before we are able to get back to this quilt, and we want to be able to jump right into putting the blocks together.

I am also making progress in my knitting, and did a little free motion quilting on a wall hanging.

What have you been working on this week?

Happy Sewing ♥
 
I've linked up with Fabric Tuesday, Freshly Pieced, and Sew Much Ado.


7 comments:

  1. Glad to see other people use the floor for placing. I like your numbering system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to work on projects with family members. My mother-in-law is a quilter, and I like helping her choose fabrics and patterns. I can't wait to see your finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't have family members that sew with me, but it would be nice if they did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to have someone you love to create and sew with! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The eye spy is going to be amazing.
    Visiting from WIP Wednesday. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a fun blog! My mom and I keep talking about quilting. Hopefully one of these days!

    ReplyDelete