Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2016 - Year of Socks

One of my crafting goals this year is to finish 12 pairs of socks in 12 months.

I would like to knit at least one pair for each adult in my family, as well as some for myself.  (Children's feet grow so fast that by the time I complete a pair of socks, they have moved on to the next size).  

I am a relatively new sock knitter, and am still personalizing my sock knitting profile.  By that I mean, determining my favorite way of knitting socks.

Which brings me to some of the many ways to knit socks - top down, toe up, TAAT (two at a time), using DPN's (double pointed needles), magic loop, or small 9" circular needles, to name just a few.

There are also different styles and stitch patterns for socks -  standard gusset heel, short row heels, afterthought heels, rounded toe, wedge toe, lacy patterned, cabled, or just plain vanilla. 

Then there is the yarn.  Collecting sock yarn can be addictive.  There is an astounding variety of designs and beautiful colors to choose from.

Finally, socks are fun to knit (once you have the hang of them), are easily portable for on-the-go knitting, can be challenging, or as simple as you like, and make lovely handmade gifts.

So here is finished pair #1. 


I started them on Christmas Eve, and finished them January 4th.  The little Christmasy project bag is also sewn by me.

If you are interested in the yarn I used, or pattern details, you can find them on my Ravelry project page

Happy Crafting ♥






No comments:

Post a Comment