Friday, November 30, 2012

Lose It

Gone are the days when to lose a few pounds, I just ramped up my exercise regime.  I've found that as I get older, I need to change my eating habits too (has anyone else noticed this?).

Case in point - two months ago, my daughter and I joined a gym and have been faithfully exercising at least three times a week.  Yet, both of us have gained a few pounds.  What's with THAT!  I know, muscle weighs more than fat; still, it was a bit discouraging.

So, we decided to change our laissez-faire approach to eating as well.  Since the whole "diet" thing is new to me, I needed help.  I found it in a free app called Lose It.  We've been following it for three weeks now.  The program monitors your goals, hooks you up with friends and challenges in a simple program that helps you stay within your calorie budget.  It calculates in the exercise you do too.  You can use it on the computer or your smart phone.  The best part is that I don't feel like I'm being punished.  I'm just paying attention to what I eat.

Yesterday was weigh in, and we've both lost a few pounds.  Happy day!

It is nice to get a head start on New Year's resolutions, especially as we head into the holiday cookie season.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome, congrats to you both :)

    I know what you mean, it is soo challenging to lose weight as we get older but sometimes it can be inches shrinking that can encourage us too, fitting into those pants we couldn't a few weeks ago :)

    Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been working on my eating habits as well. Now I need to add in the exercise!
    It's great you and your daughter have each other to work out with. Good luck to both of you on your healthy journey :)

    ReplyDelete