Monday, December 26, 2011

Block of the Month Club

Now that the 52 week challenge is almost over, it is time to think about what I want to do in 2012. One of the projects I have in mind is a block of the month club. 

My plan is to post a block (or two) once a month, with directions on how to make it. I would also like to feature various projects along the way that can be made with the blocks, starting with simple one block projects, up to using all the blocks in a sampler quilt.


The blocks that I make will be made with cotton solids from the kona and bella lines by Moda and Robert Kaufman. I will be offering BOM kits in my fabric shop with pre-cut pieces, patterns, and project ideas. Of course if you like, you can also use fabrics you have on hand, and just follow along on this blog.  You can make your blocks in a rainbow of colors as I will be, or stick to two or three colors if you prefer.

I am looking forward to this new adventure, and hope that you will join me to make a few (or all) of the blocks.

This should be fun!
Happy Sewing ♥

5 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! So cool. I'm not much of a quilter, but I'll love seeing some of the things you come up with.

    www.AllThingsTangled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like I will need to come back often to see the new BOM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try this. I am interested in making a quilt out of solids. I'll be checking back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be fun to join in on. I look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete