Monday, March 22, 2010

Sewing and Crafting Tools

I am not ashamed to say that I love tools - sewing and crafting tools that is.  So to add to my collection, and maybe some of yours, I have added a supplies and tools section to my fabric shop.

This first tool is a variation of the standard yo-yo maker, only this one makes butterfly shapes.

These are little butterflies, suitable for hair barrettes or greeting cards, maybe an embellishment on a bag.  The finished size is approximately 1 1/4 x 1 1/2 [30 x 40 mm]. Both sides of the finished butterfly are usable and instructions are included with the tool.

This next tool I can personally vouch for because I have a pair, and they are my favorite snips.  I like that they have a safety cap, and a slot on the case for attaching to a lanyard.  They are made by Gingher and have very sharp points for pulling threads and reaching into tight spots for thread cutting.

I haven't tried either of the next two tools, although I plan to when I have time.  The smocking stickers make easier work of hand smocking.  This set is in a honeycomb pattern.


And the Rose Maker makes lovely rosette flowers out of your favorite fabric scraps which can be used in a variety of sewing, home decor, and crafting projects.


More shapes and sizes of the yo-yo makers, and rose makers are available in my shop, as well as items such as batting, rotary blades, and quilter's gloves.  I will be adding to the stock often, so please check back now and then.

Happy Sewing ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment