Friday, March 21, 2014

1948 Vogue Knitting Book

My daughter was given some vintage knitting magazines, which she then gifted to me. (She is the best daughter!) 


I especially enjoy the 1948 Vogue. The styles are classic, elegant and beautiful. Even my six year old granddaughter recognizes the beauty of these styles.

The full length dresses and 3-piece suit patterns are amazing! I can't imagine how long it would take someone to knit an outfit like that. I feel accomplished just finishing a hat or scarf, and am slowly working my way through my first sweater.

Please excuse my poor photography, and the way the model's heads are cut off by the collage. I hope that you can still see how lovely the designs are.

It is a lot of fun to read the ads too. By the way, did you catch the .50 price tag for the magazine!

No comments:

Post a Comment