Sunday, September 8, 2013

Thankful Sunday

There is always so much to be thankful for.  Some week's are harder to narrow down to one thing than others.  This is one of those weeks.  Often it boils down to whether I have a photo on the topic or not.  I have a photo of this one.

The brakes on our 1997 Honda Accord went out this week.  A car stopped suddenly in front of me  making a left hand turn (no turn signal), and I slammed on my brakes.  My brake pedal went to the floor with no response.  Thankfully I was going uphill, and not very fast, so rolled to a stop without hitting anything.  Also (thankfully) I was only blocks from home, and got there safely.  The repair shop said the brake line was broken, and repairs would be $400 or higher (depending on whether they were able to repair it without any problems).

It has been a good car for us, and given us many years of faithful service. We had planned on replacing it soon, and didn't want to sink any more money into it. 

So good-bye old friend....

I've named my new car "Kay"
And hello new friend!
 
It is a brand new Honda Fit.  My husband says it "fits" me.


No comments:

Post a Comment