Sunday, September 1, 2013

Thankful Sunday

My daughter, another friend of the family, and I recently discovered a shared enjoyment of knitting, and decided to get together and do just that.  No longer only a grandmother's hobby, today's knitters are often in their twenties and thirties.

These ladies came dressed to knit!
Our first official knit-a-long was last Friday evening.  My daughter is a brand new knitter, so we had fun picking out her yarn and needles and teaching her how to cast on, knit, and purl.  She had picked out a chunky moss stitch cowl pattern for herself, and got right to work making it.

Get this free pattern on ravelry

Since it was at her house, my daughter supplied food and drink (her special veggie salsa dip and homemade quesadillas).  The children had a great time playing together while we knitted and chatted and learned from each other.

We all had such a good time that we decided to do it again next week. There is something so refreshing about spending time doing an activity with people you love.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. I use to knit with my Grandma and Aunties. It was always great fun.

    ReplyDelete