Wednesday, May 1, 2013

W.I.P.

Although I haven't posted any work in progress in awhile, projects have been happening.  

Knitwise, I've made three more kitchen handtowels (a set for my daughter, and another for my home).  I've also knit a headband for one granddaughter, and have a mobius scarf on the needles right now.

Sewing has revolved around baby quilts that my daughter and I will be giving as gifts to some new Moms in our family, and from church.  The quilts are in a variety of fabrics, but all share chevrons in common.  We are trying two different methods of making the chevrons.  I'll let you know which method works best for us.

Here is a picture of one of the quilts partially pieced.  It features Amy Schimler's  Fly Away fabric collection.
And then there is the garden and yard work.  Lots of progress there.  The peas and lettuce are up (hooray!) and daffodils, ornamental pear tree, and bleeding hearts are in bloom.  I love this time of year.

What have you been working on lately?


I've linked up with Fabric Tuesday, Sew Much Ado and Freshly Pieced.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute owl quilt!
    Amandak@whatthebobbin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the striped border you added to your baby quilt. The quilt has lots of great movement:)

    ReplyDelete