Wednesday, January 9, 2013

W.I.P.

It has been a week of grey projects.  I finished another ruffly scarf this week in a grey wool.  Having forgotten to put in the keyhole, I improvised by adding a handmade button from Incomparable Buttons, and a hair tie on the wrong side for the opposite side of the scarf to slide through.  I think it turned out okay.

I also started free motion quilting on this table runner, which has a grey background.  There are still a few hexagons to stitch in the ditch, but I couldn't wait to get started with the quilting.  Do you ever jump ahead to the fun parts of a project?



Finally, I started a basket weave wool scarf, also in grey (with white specks).  I am enjoying practicing some new knitting stitches.  I think I ripped this out three times before getting it to work the way it should.  



So what have you been working on this week?



10 comments:

  1. I think the button looks great on the scarf...adds just the right touch of color.
    And I love your table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love your quilting pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilting, and yes I do skip ahead sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the basket weave scarf. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always jump ahead or jump to something else!!! LOL! I love your grays...the quilting is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am a lover of grey as a background and to wear, I think it is so much better than black. Love your post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always jumping ahead to something else...Hope I have the discipline this year to stay focused. Lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hexagon quilt with the freeform quilting... and the scarf is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love how your sewing projects are color coordinated with your knitting projects :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I skipped ahead once and ended up with a huge pucker right in the middle. Won't do that again! I do like your hexies and the quilting, and the scarf looks so soft.

    ReplyDelete