Wednesday, December 5, 2012


My new I Phone needed a carrying case.  I searched around on Etsy, but couldn't find one that would carry the phone and accessories together.  So I made one.  I am not totally satisfied yet.  The size is right, but I think a buckle of some kind would be a better looking closure.  This one works well, but my daughter says it looks like a scrunchie.

Easy access, and room enough for my phone, the ear buds, and charger

The Grinch wall hanging is coming along nicely.  It is at the quilting stage now, which is a lot of fun.   

What have you been working on this week?   I've linked up with Quiltsy, Fabric Tuesday, Sew Much Ado, and Freshly Pieced.


  1. I stitched a couple of hours last night and finished another block for my Harrington and Hannah quilt. I'm still behind but at least I'm moving forward. :) However I wish I'd been with you! I love your IPhone case and your Grinch. I haven't gotten any Grinch fabric and I sure wish I had - I love that! I don't think your case looks like a's way cuter than that! blessings, marlene

  2. Great idea to make your own! Love the fabric you chose. Your grinch looks good too :)

  3. I like the Iphone case. The closure looks a little like a scrunchy but, it also looks girlie, like a ruffle or such. Reminds me of the top of a small clutch I saw on Etsy the other day. I would totally use it! Way to go ;)

  4. I like your phone holder, very smart but your daughter is right, the closure looks like a scrunchie (not that is really anything wrong with that. It needs to be secure and that does it. Embrace it and Call it the scrunchie case ;-))))

  5. Thanks for stopping by Freshly Pieced and for your nice comments about my shams and sewing projects. Your iPhone case is really cute, and it's a good idea to have all the accessories together--mine are in two cases.

    Elizabeth E.

  6. This phone holder looks awesome. The color selection is good.

    Kids Games

  7. Great gift for Christmas!!! Thanks for sharing ;)
    I stopped by from Sew much ado linky ;)

  8. Scrunchie or not, your case is great! I love that it holds the phone AND the accessories!