Monday, July 30, 2012

Sewing Tip Monday - Precut Diagonal Binding Join

A very simple tip this week - precut your angle for perfect joins in your binding. I thought of this while cutting my binding for the final join (see binding your quilt tutorial, last few steps) and realized that a similar technique would work well for doing the rest of the binding.

Here's what I mean (read from left to right):


I don't know about you, but sometimes my two pieces don't line up exactly when I just try and sew a straight line across the angle.  By precutting, I can just run the edge along my 1/4" foot and the join comes out perfectly every time.

If you have a sewing tip that you would like to share, please link up your blog or website post below.  I would love to see them.



No comments:

Post a Comment