Sunday, October 16, 2011

Thankful Sunday

Today I am thankful for a day of rest.  Life is so busy, it seems there is never enough time to do all the things we feel that we should, or want to do. 

Lately I have been taking another look at what sabbath means in the Bible.   I have not finished my study, but have found plenty of food for thought.


What is your idea of a day of rest?  Do you take one?

Thankfully,

P. S. - Doesn't that scene look inviting?  If you are interested in the family size hammock, you can find it here.

3 comments:

  1. I am so bad at taking time to rest and reflect! I don't think it is healthy, spiritually or physically to go go go all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I am convicted that it be a day of rest and other days I forget that and get busy, as usual. I suppose rest is relative - for me it means church, typing my Bible study notes, clipping coupons, hand stitching. That's my preferred Sabbath. Today I got caught up in the "I need to's". I need to go buy a birthday present for a friend, I need to finish a wall hanging I'm doing a demo on next week, I need to... Thanks for the reminder of what today really is. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. So often, I use Sunday afternoons to work on quilting. Recently, I decided that after church in the morning and lunch with the family or husband that I may just sew on my own projects instead of doing customer quilts. That would be "restful" to me. I am a go, go, go type of girl, and relaxing and sewing on my own projects is a great way to "rest" for me.

    ReplyDelete