Wednesday, July 13, 2011

52 Week Challenge - Week 28

Continuing on with my Christmas in July theme, I made a quilted Grinch wall hanging this week.


It has been heavily quilted as you can see in this detail picture

My husband came up with the brilliant idea of making it a Christmas Card holder when I was showing him how I wanted to taper the bottom and add a tassel. I love things that are decorative and have a purpose too, don't you?


What have you been up to this week. I would love to see. Just leave a link using the Linky Tool below.

Let's get busy,

5 comments:

  1. Awesome - great idea to make it into a card holder! I love the red & white snowflake fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made that this week? Good heavenly days...that's awesome! I have a friend who just turned 50 and still loves the Grinch. I need to find some of that fabric and make something for her. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card holder! It is so hard for me to get into the Christmas spirit so early. I think that it awesome that you are preparing for the holiday season in advance. Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that grinchmas wallhanger :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project! Boy do I have a lot of catching up to do! I knew this long dista nce move would be rough but I also injured my thumb on July 3rd and it is still not cooperating. So all the handwork I planned to do is still waiting for me. We are in the process of buying a house and my container full of stuff is due to arrive sometime before it closes.

    ReplyDelete