Sunday, June 26, 2011

Craft Dabbler

I'm a dabbler. I like to dabble in many crafts. This week I tried a no-sew scrunchie kit.  The kit has enough materials to make three scrunchies, and it is available in my shop in two ways - with or without fabric included.

Here are the instructions to make your own version.

You will need a 5" x 20" piece of fabric, fusible web, thin elastic, an iron

Cut the fabric (5" x 20")


Cut the fusible web 1/2" x 20" (it comes in a 1/2 width in the kit)


Sandwich fusible between long edges of right side of fabric 


Fuse, use a damp pressing cloth, and your iron set on dry/wool setting


Turn right side out.  You can use a safety pin or other turning tool for this.  I like to use my crile.


 Turn short ends of tube inside and press to hem
.

Insert 10" elastic piece through tube.  You can use a safety pin for this.  Again, I use my crile.


This tool can be inserted in one end and clamped on the elastic
which can then be pulled through all at once.   


Tie ends of elastic twice nice and tight.


Now, insert one end of the tube into the other end about 1/2 inch, keeping the seams lined up.  Cut a 4" piece of the fusible web and insert between the two halves along the edge but not showing on the outside.


Press.  Voila!  You're done.  If you prefer, you can sew instead wherever the fusible is used.

Scrunchie Set - offered with your choice of fabrics

Are you a dabbler? What have you tried lately (or are planning to try) outside of your normal crafting arena?

Happy Sewing ♥

1 comment: