Wednesday, June 1, 2011

52 Week Challenge - Week 22

I have been working hard to get a particular project finished this week. It is a baby quilt for my one and only nephew's first child - Charleigh Rae.  The fabrics are so playful and full of color, it has been a joy to work with them.  The pattern is my own, nothing very complicated, just panel blocks offset with 12" blocks pieced with accuquilt die cuts.  I've had a lot of fun making this one.

I am at putting the binding on now.  My plan is to have it totally done, and to post a picture of the completed quilt by end of day.  For now, here are some pictures of the quilt in progress.




And here is the finished quilt.  Do I look happy to have it done?  You betcha!
I'll take better pictures in the daylight over the weekend, but for now - its done!



What have you been working on this week? I can't wait to see.


Let's get busy,


5 comments:

  1. That is SO cute!! I'm always in awe of quilters - it's going to be a beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting me share : )

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great fabrics! So fun and whimsical. Charleigh is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little one is going to love those bright and colorful fabrics. :) I'm doing handwork this week and the progress is slow so I have nothing to report. Except I made 4 mattress covers and 6 bed covers for my daughter's dog beds...does that count? :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your quilt! Can't wait to have time to work on some for my grandson (to be born in September so I have some time!) Too busy right now trying to clean out my house, get ready for a garage sale, buy a home in Texas, etc, - Oh did I mention I am officially retired now! lol!

    ReplyDelete