Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Progress + a Featured Quilter

The winding ways blocks are coming along slowly but surely. I am getting two or so finished per day which, at this busy time of year, isn't bad.


One of the things I want to do on these panels is use some of the free motion patterns that Leah Day has designed.  I just love her website.  I am not sure how to quilt the blocks themselves.  Should I use a tight stipple in the background so that the four winged portion stands out?  Should I use echo quilting to outline the design? Or would a simple stitch in the ditch be better?  What do you think?

I also want to highlight the shop of a wonderful quilter, Asian Art and Quilts.

Here are a few of her quilts.



I love the largeness to her designs.  The quilts seem to extend beyond their borders, spilling color into their surroundings.

Happy Sewing ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment