Thursday, September 2, 2010

Isabella's Quilt

Here is a baby quilt I have been working on for our niece's first baby - Isabella.  The nursery has  a forest theme with animals, in honor of the Mom-to-Be's hunting hobby.  I am enjoying getting to use an extremely cute print from Amy Schimler's Creatures and Critters collection, a leafy batik, a lavender geometric from Hoffman Fabrics, and just a smidge of butterscotch kona cotton.


Not your typical baby color palette, but lots of fun!

I kept the pattern very simple by using just two blocks for the whole quilt - a six inch square , and a 3 x 6" rectangle die both cut with my accuquilt machine.  I designed the layout in EQ7 to get the color placement the way I like it.  So,  it is all cut out and ready to stitch.  I should have it pieced in short order, and then I will post pictures of the real thing.

Happy Sewing ♥




2 comments:

  1. love the fabrics/color choices...and all cut out fast with your AQ cutter. Do you have the GO or the Studio?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have the Go. It definitely makes short work of cutting out a quilt.

    ReplyDelete