Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A New Week

We had a wonderful long Memorial weekend, the weather was perfect, we spent time with family and friends, and got stuff done around our home.  We even had our first swim of the summer.



One of the projects I worked on this weekend was a memory quilt for my youngest granddaughter's birthday.  It has pictures of all her family members.  It is not quilted yet, but here is a small section:


I also worked on some basket blocks for this week's Accuquilt Sampler.  The handles have given me quite a challenge, but I've figured out a way that works for me.  More on that later.

The new Project Quilt Challenge entries are up on KimsCraftyApple's blog.  Here are just a few of the  projects you can see on her blog:
The colorful patchwork skirt is by StudioCherie; the Route 66 Quilt is by MoranArtandQuilts;  and the fun and eclectic bag is by KimsCraftyApple, the hostess of Project Quilting.

Pop on over to Kim's blog to see the rest of the wonderful entries on this week's theme - Road Trip, vote for your favorite (I can pretty much guarantee it will be hard to choose), and leave a comment so that  you qualify for a drawing to win jewelry from her shop.

Now it is time to head into the new week.  I am looking forward to what it will bring.
Happy Sewing ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment