Saturday, April 17, 2010

Batik Charm Quilt Finished



Hooray, a finished quilt at last.  It seems I am always caught up in smaller projects, and life's maintenance tasks, and a full time job to boot.  So it feels really good to have completed a UFO finally. 
 
This batik charm quilt comes from a batik 5" square swap the Quiltsy team did late last summer.  I hosted the swap, which was a lot of fun.  We each ended up with close to 100 new batik squares.  After adding fabrics from my own stash of batiks to this lap sized quilt,  there are over 100 different fabrics included.          
             It is just a simple 10 square x 10 square pattern, I let the fabric do the work.  I did have fun with the quilting though.  I stitched a large stipple all over the middle portion of the quilt, feathers in the white border, and then a tighter stipple on the outer pieced border. 
I will be listing it in my kimbuktu shop tomorrow.  

                                                             Happy Sewing ♥

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! Can't wait to see the overview :) I just gave my batik quilt to a friend who just got married. Batik's are just so beautiful and rich and your shop, www.fabricfascination.etsy.com is a great place to stock up on some real beauties (trust me - I know)!

    ReplyDelete