Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Little Thread Catcher

I've been wanting to make one of these for awhile.  My daughter won one at the last quilt retreat we attended, and I have wanted one ever since.  The ThingADay Challenge gave just the impetus I needed to get it started.  I want to add some kind of pincushion thing as a weight to hang it from my sewing table.  But this will do for today. 



The coolest part is that I originally had the pockets on the inside and wasn't satisfied with the way they were sagging open.  My husband took one look at it and said, "that design doesn't make sense, your tools are going to get all thready.  Why don't you turn it inside out?"

I like the way it looks much better this way, and turning it solved the saggy pocket problem too.  I love my husband ♥

5 comments:

  1. Those are just the most useful item a quilter can have. I have one and use it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea your husband had! I have two of those thread catchers - one that hangs on the arm of the chair where I sit to do handwork and one on my sewing maching. I'm wondering if I can add some pockets - that would be so helpful. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of my friends have these, made with your great choice of fabric make it something I would like too! It seems we like a lot of the same fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant --both the design and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this thread catcher. Could you possibly tell us where you got the instructions from.This would fit right on my sewing table.
    Cloreta

    ReplyDelete