Sunday, February 21, 2010

Homemade Pretzels 101

Today I made pretzels.  You know, the big ones like they sell in the mall covered in coarse salt.  I got the idea from another Thing-A-Day participant post.  They looked so yummy, I just had to try them.

It reminded me a little of the years when I baked bread from scratch every Saturday.  The process took all day.  I would tend to my bread dough in between other household chores, and taking care of my children.  The Tassajara Bread Book by Edward Espe Brown was my bread making bible.  As you can see from the shape it is in, it was well used, and well loved.


Good days and good memories.

So, the pretzels turned out great, and made the whole house smell wonderful to boot.  Next time I might try the cinnamon sugar ones, they are my favorites!

Thanks Joonbeam for the inspiration.  You can get the recipe, and read Joonbeam's post here.


Happy Sunday  ♥

4 comments:

  1. I have to agree as well! These look delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kym, I'm so happy you enjoyed the recipe and results as much as we did. I know we'll be making these often. This will be another sweet memory of our first year in TaD. :)

    ReplyDelete